4.1.07

New Year, New Entertainment

Happy New Year. No doubt 2007 will bring some great new sources of entertainment. At the moment however I'm currently wading through entertainment of the past.

I bought the Sex and the City boxset over Christmas and also the Vicar of Dibley boxset. Seeing the last ever episode over Christmas made me thirsty for more.

I know it's sad but it's Richard Curtis and therefore I love it.
As far as films are concerned I've seen loads over Christmas, both new and old.

Last night I saw Ben Stiller's latest film Night at the Museum.
The film also stars Ricky Gervais, Owen Wilson, Robin Williams and Steve Coogan. It's essentially a kids' film but it's a good one that seemed to satisfy the auditorium full of adults, me and the boy included.

I also watched The Life of David Gale and The Holiday over Christmas, both starring Kate Winslet. I had meant to watch David Gale for a long time and it didn't disappoint. Clever and thought provoking and topical, it's well worth a watch, as most things starring Kevin Spacey are.

The Holiday was good to but for different reasons. While some of the cast members were not natural born rom-com stars, it was Christmasy and lovely. Plus it had Jude Law in it which is never bad, Jack Black entertains well in it too.

As for music I am very excited about the next few months, mainly thanks to the likes of Jamie T and Just Jack. Both are great new male artists making original new music. You should check both out, like, now.

I have just finished reading Vernon God Little. It was most definitely in the same vein as David Gale and with it rather depressing. It reminded me a lot of We Need to Talk About Kevin.

It was ok but not particularly gripping. I prefer my books to be either heart-warming, clever or both and to be honest this was not really either. It was written with an original style though.

I also currently really liking The Feeling's Twelve Stops and Home album. It's melodic pop-rock at it's finest. My biggest wish for 2007 regarding entertainment is simple: I really hope that Christmas TV is better than 2006's. Totally shocking! What were they thinking?

Please comment...

Picture by Ozventure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home