6.8.07

Take it to the coast

This weekend me and the boy went down to beautiful Cornwall. That place is extremely good for the soul.

It is stunning and its calm lifestyle gives you an opportunity to rediscover your passions as I did, in cycling and running.

Whenever we go down there we hire bikes and cycle the Camel Trail between Wadebridge and Padstow. It is a flat path that takes you right along the river to the beautiful seaside town. Once there you simply have to indulge in a cream tea at Mary B's cafe, and you won't feel guilty having arrived there on your own steam.

As I live in the city I made the most of the lovely area by going for two runs over the weekend. The scenery was so stunning that I barely noticed the intense heat and the cotton-wool feeling I had in my mouth.

Yesterday's run was particularly special. I ran down to Rock where the water was glistening and there were hundreds of boats on the water. I couldn't resist having a paddle to refresh myself before running all the way back uphill to our base.

So if you're getting a bit bored of cycling or running the same old routes, go somewhere completely different. You will also get a huge buzz from exploring somewhere on foot and a sense achievement that you probably don't get from completing your normal route anymore.

Photo by *selectormarx

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home