18.1.07

Real life Sex and the City (kind of)

Today's entertainment hot topic has to be Celebrity Big Brother. The disgusting way in which Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Mara have been treating Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty has got everyone talking, including politicians in both the UK and India.

I can only hope that with their behaviour, those three have kissed their careers goodbye, not that either of them had much of a career before they entered in the house.
The Perfume Shop has removed Jade's perfumes from its shelves and Carphone Warehouse has withdrawn its sponsorship, which is bound to upset Channel 4 greatly.

I've just started watching Almost Famous, which so far seems pretty cool, and something I can greatly relate to. I love Kate Hudson in general, mainly thanks to Raising Helen and How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, so I was always going to like this film.

I also watched What's Eating Gilbert Grape on Sunday? I'd not seen this before but having nicked it from Boston Tea House's copy of The Guardian (cool, I know) I thought I'd give it whirl. Great cast, great story, generally great. Can't believe I'd never seen it before.

Music wise I'm quite liking Mika's new single Grace Kelly and The Klaxon's. Their single is quite different to their other material so it will be interesting to see how they are marketed from here.


The rules for the chart have changed. This is making things a bit more interesting. Now any song that can be downloaded can enter the charts, which means that the songs record labels choose to put out as singles could enter the charts lower than other songs on an album.


The changes also mean that a song that was released a long time ago, could now go back into the top of the chart.
Hopefully the rules in general mean that X Factor contestants and novelty songs will be a thing of the past.

On a more personal note, we bought a Mini. Yay! It's silver and gorgeous and we pick her up on Saturday. It's going to be a weekend of driving for us, as we've both wanted a Mini for ages.


Also I go to New York next Thursday, which is very exciting. I've been reading my Lonely Planet and watching Sex and the City and Friends and feel suitably excited. If any of you guys have any tips please let me know.


I'll report back on the in-flight entertainment upon my return. Over and out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hannah
hannah@wefeelfine.org

9:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home