12.8.07

The best running resource ever

Without a doubt the most useful thing I ever came across relating to running is the book Running Made Easy.

It's published by the people behind the wonderful Zest magazine, and makes taking up and progressing at running easier than you ever thought possible.

When I was at school I hated long distance running but was so determined to run the Race for Life that I decided I just had to get started somehow. I bought that book and can honestly say I never looked back and I am running my first half marathon in November!

The authors break running down, first of all into just 60 second chunks, and then its programmes build you up so gradually that you barely even notice that you are starting to run further and that you're not losing your breath anymore.

Another great thing about the book is the way that it helps you chart your progress and reward yourself. It's all simple psychology but it really works and makes you feel proud that you've achieved something you always found hard.

Photo by Cathy G

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home