11.2.07

Go get your face on Facebook

I've been exercising like a crazy bean this week so I haven't had too much time free for media consumption. I have watched You've Got Mail, listened to Mika and Gossip and been learning about Facebook.

I hadn't bothered to watch
You've Got Mail in the past because I thought it seemed extremely predictable. Of course it was predictable but I didn't even find the story all that good and Meg Ryan was particularly annoying in it. It was ok for an evening to turn the brain off but I don't think I'll be watching that again in a long time.

The
Mika album is strange. It's kind of a cross between Robbie Williams and The Scissor Sisters. There are a couple of nice tracks but I could happily live without listening to most of it ever again.

Gossip's current single is great but the album unfortunately is the sound of a one hit wonder. The sound, although funky, is very monotonous.

This weekend the boy and I went over to Swansea for a trip down memory lane. We had a really lush time and it was great to catch up with some old faces and places (thanks a lot peeps).


On a professional level though one really interesting thing stood out from the trip...
Facebook is most definitely the social networking site of choice. The number of people who asked, "Are you on Facebook?" was shocking. When I said, "No just MySpace," the looks I got were generally those of disbelief.

This turn around seems to have happened extremely quickly and it seems that
MySpace are going to have to do something drastic if they are to keep up.

The other cool site I learned about this week is Flixster. It's another social networking site but it revolves around your taste in films.

You can see how your opinion on films compares to that of your friends, find new films to watch and they are developing this site all the time.
Apparently this site currently has the new media industry in quite a stir so it definitely seems to be one to watch.

I hope you guys are all ok.

Take care,


Lauz xx

Photo by djking

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home