11.4.08

It's the final countdown!

I've been unable to drink, eat chocolate, take-away and sweets for months now. I've trained most days for the last three months, constantly tried to bully people into sponsoring me and now it's (almost) finally here.

The London marathon is this Sunday and I have to be honest, I'm c*$@ing myself! Everything was going fine until about three weeks ago, when I was struck by the dreaded flu. Much to my distress my family and body forced me to take a week out of running which I feel seriously knocked me back.

This illness meant I had to miss my furthest and last long run, of 22 miles or so. Once I was recovered I I was too close to race day to do the long run so I have never been able to have the psychological boost of knowing I can run over 20 miles.


The furthest I have run is 18 miles, and on the day I ran that I felt that I could have run a few miles more. This means that I only really have to worry about the last six miles or so. At least that's how I'm trying to look at it.

I shall be filling you in on all the gritty details after I am back and have gone for the mother of all Chinese meals, but please please please, if you haven't yet sponsored me please do so, for the sake of all that suffer with cancer.

This is a really hard thing to do, and to know doing it could save people and animals like Bonnie, really helps. Please dig deep

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home