23.2.07

What's all this Fuzz?

There has been a slight lapse in my blogging due to a nasty bought of gastric flu which has dominated my life for pretty much the whole of the last two weeks. This is a shame as I have had some good things to write about.

These include
Hot Fuzz, Studio Ghibli, Cast Away and The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets.

The first is Hot Fuzz, filmed in Somerset's very own Wells. Until now nothing much has happened there and I never thought they could make it seem entertaining. Simon Pegg and co managed it though.


That's not the only thing they achieved though. This is a brilliant funny, innovative, enthralling film and I recommend it to everyone.


I'm currently reading The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets, which was one of my recommendations on Amazon. I don't normally go in for this sort of chick lit and I now remember why.

I'm over half way through and I don't have that "I can't put this down" feeling.
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to get that on the first page as in Dan Brown books, but I do like to get it within the first hundred pages. Oh well, I'll persist.

I saw Tom Hank's Cast Away for the first time the other day and was pleasantly surprised. I seem to remember hearing negative things about it when it first came and so never rushed to watch it.


Sure it's a bit different but I think they way they portray his time on the island is brilliant. The ending's a bit annoying but hey. This is definitely worth watching.


Other films I've watched over the past couple of weeks include Studio Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart and M Night Shyamalan's Wide Awake.


Whisper of the Heart is not quite as surreal as some of the Ghibli films but it was still good, although in more of a girly, Disney sort of way. It's the prequel to The Cat Returns and in that respect is quite interesting.


Wide Awake was the film that Shyamalan wrote and directed before Sixth Sense. Although it wasn't as instantly brilliant as his other films it was still good in a child-like, developing style sort of way. Don't rush to watch it though.


On Sunday I'm going to a preview of Freedom Writers, a film about which I don't know so it'll be in at the deep end for me on that one.
I'm also off to see Music and Lyrics next Tuesday. I know it looks like your average chick flick but I happen to like those so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I'll fill you guys in on all that next week but until then take care.

Lauz xx

PS I love my doggy Bonnie loads and loads and hope she gets better soon

Photo by r@chel*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home